Looking back on the past....

It occurred to me that if you look back on your life there is no limit of things you can regret.

So, why do we do it so much?
Why is it one of those things that people ask us to ponder?

It's clearly a tool of motivation/manipulation so let ask if you do it without being prompted?

If so, Good Gawd, stop it!!!

When I start my religion and begin recruiting I'm going to teach my cult members that they are their own Gods and they deserve to worship themselves and build a life starting NOW and don't look back.

The past is behind.... that is why they call it "The Past". You've learned from it. Great!
Now move forward.

Okay, I'm done.

Your thoughts?

Dantalion

2 comments:

  1. Damn, DJ, you're preaching to the choir on this one. My life would (and slightly does) ROCK...IF I could somehow forget or eliminate this one incident in the past that haunts me. Everyone says "You've got to move on" but nobody can provide a PRACTICAL WAY OF DOING THAT, not even the vaunted Dr. Susan Block. I'm thinking hypnotherapy...
    Best, KK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a sh** load of past stuff that I could be really resentful for but I have found something bizzare that has worked for me.

    1) remember that you are loved... even if it's you that is loving yourself... in fact START loving yourself the way you want to be loved. Seriously... do it and remember that is ALWAYS there for you.

    2. Remind yourself your life has a purpose. Even if you don't yet know what it is... YOUR LIFE HAS A PURPOSE. Now, fake it and begin to act that way.

    I could write a WHOLE essay why those are the ONLY 2 things you need to do but I'll trust you to do it and find out for yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Come On! You've gotta have something to say about this.

Join The Newsletter

Close Me


Name:
Email: